Sunday, October 24, 2010

To blog or not to blog?

                                                                                                         
    OK -  I'm having some abivalence about starting this journal and should be wary about beginning another project until I'm through with school.  Especially since I'm not traveling yet - which makes the title of this blog completely misleading. 
    
    But I realize that there are other bloggers out there no doubt just as busy as I who also aren't traveling yet but are in the planning stages.  They have inspired me and I have a feeling they may also be instrumental in keeping me motivated.  So .... I want to be part of this community.

     My plan: to purchase a gently-used Class B+ or small C motorhome in order to fill all the holes in my travel resume.  For example, I've never been to the Pacific Northwest and after passing the age of 50 a few years ago, this just eats away at me.  Daily.





1967 Buick
      While growing up, my family took road trips for vacation (in cars like this)   and those are among my best memories of childhood.  Maybe that's why I have always loved to roam.  I love my home, job, husband, and life very much and the only thing I would change is to travel more.  The sands in the hourglass are running out and there is much left to see. 



Between family, home, and work obligations, I don't yet know how I'm going to pull this off - exactly - but I'm confident that I'll figure it out soon enough. 

Winter Home









Summer Home
 









(Actually, it's the same house)




John & Doris 
 


Me

Thanks to all of you out there who inspire (mainly envy in) the rest of us!

3 comments:

  1. Doris is darling - Doris the Exploress, I like that!

    Don't worry about keeping up the blog all the time, just keep it! You should only post when you feel like it. I never planned on writing every day - a lot of people don't - but I wanted to get the Nablopomo badges, and also see if I could do it. Once October is over, I'll only post when I want. But it's amazing how you start thinking about things to write about every day.

    Anyway, I'm glad you've decided to keep with it, and I look forward to being a Follower. (I got the button to work. :))

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Barbara! I think you are right - just post when you feel llike it. And, yes, I've already got a legal pad for jotting down post ideas; I had one this AM brushing my teeth! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those B+ numbers knock my socks off. That's like a B-touring, right?

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !