Sunday, November 7, 2010

To-Do List

Two days ago, a faculty member here at our university was stuck and killed by a car while jogging.  She was 53. 

On a related note, here are the stops on my wish list (which is not getting any shorter, she said impatiently).  The list is in no particular order nor is it by any means exhaustive.


North Dakota
Theodore Roosevelt NP, South Unit

South Dakota
Badlands NP
Minuteman Missile NHS                           

Colorado               
Salida one more time
Mesa Verde NP
Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP
Rocky Mountain NP

Wyoming
                 
Yellowstone NP
Devil’s Tower NM

Montana
                     
Glacier NP

Utah
                           
Bryce Canyon NP
Capitol Reef NP
Zion NP

Washington
                
Olympic NP
                       
Maine
                         
Arcadia NP

Vermont                     
King Arthur Flour Store

Cruises                       
Alaska
Canada and New England
Hawaii


                                   What's your next stop?         

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you don't have much planned, do you? All I know, is I'm going to Vacaville and Placerville. Then figure out from there what's next. I guess I should have more of a list before I start out. I LIKE the cruise idea, too. Love cruises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look a little ambitious all written up like that. Particularly considering I haven't crossed the state line in over a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snicker...I like that King Arthur ranks right up there with the most famous national parks :-) I was a Vermonter for 26 years, so was spoiled by easy access to the store. I used to get my medical care right across the river and a trip was never complete without an almond horn from King Arthur's bakery :-)

    WARNING: It's a dangerous place to go into...you will want to buy at least one of EVERYTHING in the place! Ever try the Vietnamese cinnamon? Mmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow tragic news on the runner. We have been to a couple of places on your list--in South Dakota. We were there last summer and I think you will enjoy it. Good luck on your studies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your community's loss. I imagine there are emotional reverberations echoing throughout the school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it's just tragic. The higher-ups are always telling us we are a family; the cynic in me wants to roll my eyes at that sometimes. But then something like this happens and I realize how tight-knit we really are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kimbolpolo, I'm a proud doggie mom too. Doris is adorable! You must come over and see my little Gingee Girl. I do like your blog lots! We have to live while we can. That's what I'm doing. Have been living in the RV as a campground host for over a year now. I never thought I could love living in this little space with another human and two dogs for this long! Life is good.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !