Friday, November 19, 2010

Two Research Projects

Whew!  What a week!  Looking forward to catching my breath over the Holidays.   Things are shaping up in the quest to be called doctor .... but it’s days like yesterday I really feel the pressure.  

Fun research 

The most significant event was the first-ever meeting of my dissertation committee.  The committee is composed of 3 wonderful people.  People who not only genuinely care about scholarship but who genuinely care about me.  I’m so fortunate and sincerely give thanks.

Afterward, I allowed my brain to breathe and caught a beautiful autumn day’s end at the park with my best good friend, Doris (to my right).  

Thankful once again



Even funner research

I’ve narrowed my front-runners in the “B” category to:
Roadtrek 190 Popular
PleasureWay Lexor
                                          
I hope to drive several camper vans over the semester break – the closest dealer is 1.5 hour’s drive distant.  Not quite doable during a typical week.    

Next week promises to be a quiet one so I can a) wrestle my statistics final to the ground and b) make some structural improvements to my research design.  Trust me, it's not as much fun as it sounds.
  
Following that, we leave on our cruise to the Western Caribbean – an event to signal the end of  yet another fine semester.  

As soon as I get a chance, I'm going to get excited about it.

3 comments:

  1. This is downright spooky, Kimbopolo. I was on Roadtrek's website last night looking for the nearest dealer so I can check them out this weekend. Snow is in the forecast so I might have to delay that a bit. I've posted pictures on my blog of Class B Get Away Vans (no longer made as near as I can tell) and a PleasureWay (with the salesman who wouldn't get out of the picture). Blog littlehouseonwheels.blogspot.com is about Pepper and her mom traveling in their Roadtrek. I'm telling myself, if two can do it in a Roadtrek, then one can. I think they're worth looking into.

    Jeana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Pepper from Little House On Wheels. We really love our little Roadtrek 190. It is a little tight but we follow one strict rule - if something comes in then something has to go out. Mom and I live in our van full-time and we just wander. We don't stay in one place for long unless we waiting for our mail. I am discovering that Vandwellers are the nicest people. Pleasure Way makes a nice van as well and I have heard wonderful things about them. Have fun looking. Pepper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really think I need more room for full-timing - like a Class C. But I may look into these vans, just in case. They would be less expensive (probably), get better mileage, easier to park, and definitely easier to stealth park. :)

    Sounds like a busy week for you - glad you got through it.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !