Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Heavy Hearts



Blanche Helen Raines
1925 - 2011

Apologies for such a long silence.  My mother-in-law of 27 years died last week; we are trying to stabilize right now.  She was 85 and increasingly frail but it's still a shock.       

She was the best mother-in-law anyone could have.  She welcomed me into the family all those years ago and treated me with nothing but love and respect which I hope I was able to return in some way. 

She was also a wonderful wife of 67 years and raised four fine children. 

Everyone who knew her is grateful that she left with the same quiet dignity with which she lived.  

9 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a wonderful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. When I gaze at the stars, this evening, I will remember that another great woman watches over us from beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very sorry. I hate when we lose the good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like quite a lady, Kim. Hang tough. Emily and I are sending our condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some mother's inlaw are more like your own mother than others. Mine was, and we lost her at a very young age. You have been blessed to have had her. I'm sure she will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry for your heavy hearts...67 yrs of marriage...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending condolences to you and your husband Kim. So sorry for your loss. Doesn't matter what age it's still a shock and a deep void.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really sorry to read this Kim. She sounds like a very special and sweet lady. We are very sorry for your loss.

    -Mike & Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure she will be missed by many, she sounds like a wonderful person. You were lucky to have such a good mother-in-law. I'm sorry for your family's loss.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !