Saturday, January 8, 2011

Slight Change of Plans

I was planning on making a 2 hour round-trip today to test-drive a 2006 Roadtrek 170 Popular

(I’ve not driven the 170 before and while I think it will prove too small, I want to be thorough in my search).  But unexpected basketball tickets for this afternoon’s game would have made this a rush-rush trip.  So I’ll leave it till next weekend maybe, provided the unit is still at the dealer.  

It also occurred to me as I was communicating with the seller via email that if the right unit came along, I just might get impulsive and buy it.  I'm not usually that spontaneous but it has happened.  This doesn't worry me overmuch as I have some $ saved and I know what I'm looking for.  BUT what I don't have is 1) my degree and 2) a permanent job.  And I do want to sell my car both for a larger down payment and also because the van will be our 2nd car. 


Plus I feel positive that when the finances and the professional life are both in order the right unit will practically drive itself to its new home. 


5 comments:

  1. I'm hoping, too, I don't just fall in love with something and take it home without thinking it through. On the other hand, I've left to think about a vehicle and come back and it was sold. I keep telling myself whatever will be will be. When the time is right...

    Happy Trails, forever!
    Cyndi and Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been inside a 170 before. Roadtrek makes excellent RVs, but I'm very happy with our decision to go with a small class c.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know my thoughts on this already I bet :) I love our 170! I wouldn't want to go with a 190, but that is based on a similar year to what we have. The newer 190's that you are interested in, handle much better than the old ones due to a longer wheelbase resulting in the tires being closer to the rear bumper and not all that overhang. With our year, I like our bed configuration better too, but again, the newer ones may have improved in that area as well. Of course a bed is an easy thing to adapt/modify as needed. I definitely think you might be surprised at how much room there is in a 170 though so I definitely would still drive one and sit all over in it while visualizing various scenarios. I really can't wait to see what you think when you do :)

    -Mike
    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
    HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !