Thursday, February 3, 2011

January Savings Report

                              fundraising ideas

Good news!  Got some traction this month!  

Our big-ticket bills were not as high as they’ve been of late.  Big-ticket items = home repairs, homeowner’s insurance, appliance replacement.  Notice a theme?  Most of these big expenses are related to housing.  Take note, all you full-timers out there!   

Our only big outlay this month was $745 for landscaping.  (Another whopper bill is due for landscaping next month).     

Sigh.  It’s enough to make you want to rent an apartment.

Or get an RV. 

So, the bottom line for the bottom line .... 2 K to the RV/Travel fund!

62.5% there!

And 65% through with school!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I've done the math a bunch of times and i can definitely spend less and save more living in an RV. I'm soooooo ready!

    Cyndi and Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to be there before you know it! Keeping track like this keeps your eye on the prize. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to keep track of positive things! Good progress this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your progress! $2k is a serious addition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WTF ??? $745 on landscaping !!! Jeeze, I didn't spend a penny this month on landscaping.....all of the beauty of Mother Nature was given to me free.....nug...nug LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good progress!

    I'm with Bennie (and Sassy, too, a little bit) - what is the deal with landscaping? Is it an HOA thing? I hate even mowing a lawn - get me to a desert, STAT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I KNOW!!!

    The whole suburban/homeowner scene is a lot of work & money for very little return. I'm evolving in a very different direction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your progress! John said the other day that he doesn't want the responsibility of yard work that comes with a house anymore. He is talking finding a way to fulltime, rather than settle down somewhere. That's going to take a little more thinking through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the 'Ducks' don't like Sassy now 'cause she said she didn't like the new format of their Blog ! LOL Yup, No mowing in the desert or anywhere I go for that matter !

    Levonne, I've met so many people who are making a living (yes - WORKING)while fulltiming.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !