Sunday, March 6, 2011

February Savings Report

One step forward, two steps back.  Or ... maybe not. 

Some of you may remember that I've wanted a VW convertible beetle since they (re)appeared in 2003.  I've blogged about it in the past.  Well, I finally got one!  My very own bug! 

I grew up with these cars.  My dad got his first beetle bug in about 1962 and every few years, he would trade for a new color.  Including the childhood cars, this is my "fifth beetle"  (but John won't let me name it Yoko).   

So I withdrew some $ out of the Travel fund but also added some on the last day of the month, so the net loss in savings was about 3 K.  I'm OK with that.  Is was the right thing to do:


Can You Blame Me?

So, I may or may not meet my goal.  More likely, my goals may change.  But for now, this car makes me very happy.   The sort of happiness that reaches into your soul and gives it a great big hug !!! 



fundraising ideasI'm also encouraged to see that the countdown clock has finally moved below 300 days! 





10 more months to go before graduation ................ !

6 comments:

  1. She's BEAUTIFUL! Back in another life my ex and I had an orange convertible VW and we loved it. Really a fun car. He drove the orange one, and I had a regular yellow VW. I don't blame you a bit. Anything that makes you that happy - you've gotta have it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig had a red VW thru the last year of college. It died about six months before his graduation, so we got married. (There is a story there and maybe someday I'll write it.)

    Love your little yellow one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, that's a great looking car, I always loved those bugs...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great car. I, too, am a fan of the beetles! I'm with John, on the name, though!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !