Well, since I made the offer on the View, I've been in such turmoil (culminating in a sleepless night last night). For many reasons, I emailed the seller and told him I was withdrawing my offer.
It took me so long to make up my mind about the View - that should have been a warning flag. And then when I made the decision, I was feeling more dread than excitement. To put it simply, paraphrasing Frank Sinatra:
It's the right rig
I've decided to stick to my original plan and continue saving until December. There's no reason NOT to wait as I can't even travel now longer than a weekend. I need to refocus now and finish my dissertation this summer. And I keep forgetting one small detail - I don't have a permanent job yet.
I felt very sad & defeated when I (un)made the decision this AM. Like I was giving up on a dream. But I guess I'm just postponing it.
BTW if anyone wants a good price on a fantastic quality-built one-owner-babied motorhome, let me know and I'll post the link.