Saturday, May 21, 2011

Baby Step

Actually, I'm still crawling and falling on my ass when I attempt to walk.  At least that's the way it seems sometimes. 

P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E

Well, here' s what I got in the mail today.  It wasn't in a plain brown wrapper but maybe it should have been.


I'll consider it a study guide and start doing the homework to learn the systems of la casa de wheels.  Yawn.  I know a lot of people just love to talk about holding tanks, inverters, and polarity testers, but well ... yawn. 

I've got time to learn this stuff.  If you'll turn to your right, you'll see the ticking clock that displays the many days, hours, and minutes to go before I'm untethered. 

Speaking of the clock, when it gets down to 199 days, that might feel like a milestone since the clock started ticking at about 425 days. 


On a related note, my research is going well - I'm still on track for December graduation. 

I'll post my savings progress soon ...

7 comments:

  1. Kim, thanks for thinking of me and the heads up on the '82 Lazy Daze! It's a beautiful rig, but a little pricey for the age. I'm looking for something newer than 86ish, to avoid a carburated engine. I'd definitely consider a Lazy Daze older than 86, though. I've bookmarked the link, though, for rainy day drooling. LOVE the vintage rigs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After you have read that, you must post a complete review!

    By the way, thank you very much for the encouraging and supportive comment you left for me, it's helped a lot.

    I don't know if you have ever posted about it, but I'd like to know what you teach and what your PHD will be in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giant SC - glad to help!

    Merikay - I've been thinking about you! I'm a Nurse Practitioner and I teach Women's Health in a BSN nursing program. My PhD is in Adult Education. I think I'll elaborate a bit more on my "about me" in case anyone else is wondering the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally a post !!! Jeeze girl, I was beginning to think you'd never post again !!!

    And why did you delete those other two May posts ???? It's all part of the process.

    Sassy & Bennie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sassy Girl!

    I know it's been a while! I havent' done anything but work and who wants to read about that? I have test-driven some possible tow vehicles - guess I could blog about that.

    This is the only May post - no deletions.

    XOXOXO to Bennie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could learn by trial and error. It worked for Chet some many years ago when he hit the road. Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same book. When I first started planning this lifestyle change, I got a bunch of books - that's usually my first step on the road to a new idea. They are all safely stowed in The Palms for me to read at my leisure (or re-read). :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !