Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Horatio's Drive



I recently watched a 2003 documentary by Ken Burns - Horatio’s Drive: America's First Road Trip.  I think you might like it. 

It’s a captivating account of the first U.S. coast-to-coast automobile trip. Undertaken on a lark, a $50 bet, and minimal preparation, the hearty Horatio Jackson and a co-pilot (to say nothing of the dog) depart from San Francisco in 1903 with all of 150 miles of paved road before them.

This documentary will give modern travelers a look at a past that wasn't that long ago. 

It’s available on Netflix via DVD or Instant Watch.

5 comments:

  1. I will be sure to watch it! Recommendations always welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I think I've seen that too. I'm going to check it out though just in case I haven't. Good to visit with you! It's been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watched it on Netflix Instant this evening and were delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merikay - I'm so glad you saw it and enjoyed it!

    Levonne - yes, it has been a while. I've tried commenting on your blog several times in the last several weeks but Blogger won't let me. It's frustrating. But I'm still following you!

    The only way I can comment is using the Name/URL option and some blogs don't have that. (I can't even post on my own unless I use that method!).

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !