Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thanksgiving in June

At the moment anyway, this blog focuses solely on stuff I don’t have – mainly an RV. And time for road trips. One could define the current tenor of this blog as selfish and somewhat whiny. But this is a misrepresentation.  In my real life, I make a concious effort to focus on what I do have as opposed to what is lacking. Sometimes I forget to do that.

Well, Saturday I decided to take an hour to photograph the things I do have – the nearby stuff.  Inside my front door and right outside. It wasn’t hard to do.  And a great way to spend the day. 

A fully-stocked refrigerator

Fresh produce

Fishin' Gear

A good bottle of wine


A thriving bird habitat


A loyal friend



My grandfather's chairs
 

Home for a new generation of Cardinals

Hydrangea bloom


Shade!

Table for two with the best food in town



Triple-Bug parking!  (That's us on the far left).
  Turns out, if you search for things to be grateful for, they are all over.  And this doesn't even include people. 

That's another post.

5 comments:

  1. I try real hard to appreciate the here and now. We are both very lucky, even if we don't have R's. But haven't you ordered a trailer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did something similar. Instead of spending all my blog post complaining about the change in weather I went back to a sunny time in California and talked about it. I feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos, your home is very nice. We all think about the things we want, too, and plan for them. That's what you're doing - and there's nothing wrong with that. It won't be long before you're there. I, too, sometimes have to remind myself to appreciate things I have today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another plus thing to be thankful for...you have six months to find your perfect RV...can't wait to see what you do...keep us posted..looking forward to reading your past and future posts...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm grateful that I have a dime-store wine sensibility and am happy with WalMart's selection. I never fit in with my oenophilic friends when they started talking wine.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !