Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Big Developments


Events are gathering momentum.    

Classes resumed today.  I am teaching 3 this fall.  My big class of 51 met at 8 AM and it went flawlessly.  These are the days when all the hard work and preparation pay off.  And you feel it might even be worth it.  Of course, it helps that I have the best students in the world!       

As some of you know, I’ve been working for over a year (15 months to be exact) on this dissertation – it’s become the biggest thing in my life.  Like a 35 pound tumor. 

Today I handed the entire mass over to my 2 other committee members and now must await their feedback.  I expect to get their recommended changes back within 2 weeks.  

The biggest news may be that I turned the whole tumor over to the formatter who will get a draft ready to send to the Graduate School after final approval by my chair.  That’s a big step (among many little steps).  I don't think I've ever enjoyed hitting "send" more.    

I’m elated.  I can literally breathe easier today.  I feel my lungs expanding and a decreased airway resistance.  Good stuff.  Can this be the beginning of the beginning of the end?  Much remains to be done but I AM closer!

Other big news: rvsue and her canine crew picked up their long-awaited Casita at the factory yesterday and are now officially full-timers.  Congratulations Sue & Crew!  I couldn’t be happier for you. 

Thanks for letting me share.  I truly appreciate the support I receive from you all!   

6 comments:

  1. It won't be long now before we can call you Dr. Kimbopolo. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your shedding of your tumor...my niece just took her bar exam last week...same process almost...now the waiting. Like her...you should be very proud of yourself...and yes I do address every card and letter to her as Dr. Sarah F....you both deserve it! Also, so glad to are getting a new Casita..I am trying to overcome the generic oatmeal mind set also!!,,,,I tell myself "If not now..when"? or as the champion bull rider Ty Murray says "You are never completely ready...sometimes it is just your turn"...it is our turn girl...go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great big step! I'm proud to be one of your virtual friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like the end of a major milestone is within your reach. Congratulations on sticking with it and getting through your dissertation. I understand a lot of dissertations are never completed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That is fabulous...makes me even exhale deeply just reading about all your hard work! Enjoy your new crop of students!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completing a dissertation, heck I have trouble completing a book! Congrats!

    Congrats on the new rig as well!

    Erik

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !