Friday, September 9, 2011

The Countdown Clock Hits A Wormhole!

And five days evaporated.  It would have been down to double-digits on Sunday; an event I was going to mark and celebrate. 

But events have taken a turn and suddenly I'm at 95 days .  The clock started at 400+ days in 2010.   

Here's what happened.  My original factory delivery date was 12/19, a week after graduation.  The factory ceases operation for 2 weeks for the Xmas holidays.  My salesperson, Carla, and I talked about this way back in June when I placed my order.  As it turns out, she had the dates wrong and the factory actually closes 1 week earlier.  I found this out yesterday by accident through a post on the Casita forum.  A quick call to the factory confirmed this was the case so I had to re-think my plans.

Deck the Halls and Stop Production!  Fa-La-La-La-La .....


Now I had 2 options 1) pick-up in December and miss my graduation ceremony or 2) wait until January 3rd to pick-up.  After discussing it with DH last night, I opted for #1.  I guess the ceremony is really not that big of a deal.  Plus those gowns make you look fat!!! 

See?  Even this Size 0 model looks rotund!

I also really want to be in Austin near Xmas to be with my buddy Sharon and her family.  And there is a gathering of about 30 Casitans around New Years Eve at Brazos Bend State Park in TX.  This park is home to the University of Houston's 3 observatories.  Nuff said!   

And as a bonus Larry, a celebrity in the Casita world, will be there.  Larry owns LittleHouse Customs and can hopefully accomplish a few mods to the trailer.  For example, I know I want to replace the factory faucet with a high-rise model.  It should be both fun and instructional to be surrounded by all those egg veterans.  I expect it will also be a good primer for my trip to Quartzsite in February. 

The high-rise faucet helps compensate for the itsy-bitsy sink.  I'm guessing that knife is from the Norman Bates Collection.

New pickup date = 12/14/11.  So my Texas trip is shaping up to last 3 weeks instead of 2 but ..... I've got time.  Ahhhhh, time.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. All of a sudden, December doesn't seem so far away.

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to read you're going to skip your graduation. I guess that's because I missed both my Bachelor's and Master's graduation and I regret it. But, you're picking up your Casita so I understand the decision. What a Christmas present!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read your comment about Katie squinting (looking menacing) and I said... What? So I looked back and had to laugh out loud!!! You're so right. She looks like a mean girl! "Give me your lunch money or I'll beat you up!" So Funny. I love your take on things. :)

    Another funny thing, this post of yours didn't come up on my blog, either. Blogger is acting weird again.

    Are you sure you want to miss the "walk" after all your work? The photos in the frames, the feeling of completion? You soooo earned it, and you can only do it once. You can pick up the Casita any time. My kids' grad photos, especially my daughter's Master's degree photo, always had a place of honor in my home.

    I like the robes, it's that weird hat, mortar board, that I hated - it looked funny with my hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara,

    I think you are right. When it came time to cancel my participation, I realized that I really do want to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimmer, Did I read this right....Quartzsite in February ?????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good choice...to do the walk! You earned it....and be sure someone takes a picture..k? Sorry about the change in your order, but plans are pretty much made in...what?....smoke??...jello. What IS the term people use? Take care...see you on the blogs~Tricia (aka nwlambear)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !