Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Task for Today

Called the dealer and ask why this Winnebago Minnie is so cheap.  Looks like it is priced at one-half the NADA value. 



Maybe because it's been sitting around a long time?   

The internet is a powerful RV shopping tool, but it's like seeing with just one eye - you miss alot. 

I'm still hoping to find a rig close to home (like this one is) but time is running out .....

I'll let you know.   

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with the salesperson.  According to him, there are no defects etc .... etc....  I'm wondering now if maybe it's a typo.  I may drive down there on Friday - it's only 50 minutes from home. 

Stay tuned!

9 comments:

  1. I'd get those same feelings when I would see a nice coach for little money compared to others like it. It was really hard for me to know what to look for back then. Now I have a better idea and would probably take my mechanic with me. Not that some problems would deter me from purchsing but to use as bargaining chips. Happy shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure wouldn't hurt to take a look. The mechanic is a good idea. Know any?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at a couple of Minnies and really liked them. It is what I would have wanted for just short trips or solo. Instead we ended up with a monster. But that is the only way I got the husband on board.

    Good luck. If you feel it is is underpriced, be prepared to spend some of your "savings" on repairs.

    Tires? Batteries? Is it scaled down as far as extras go?

    Our Alfa was below Nada too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got mine for a good price because it had an unusual floor plan that most people would not like, but I actually liked the floorplan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the Minnies. Maybe you'll just be at the right place at the right time. Good luck, can't wait to hear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS - I sent my daughter a copy of your Haikus post, and she loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It shouldn't be difficult to find a mobile RV tech to inspect it. I found a couple on Craigslist that I used. Worth the money if they save you heart ache and wallet pain later. I also had one dealer let me take a rig to get inspected at another shop.

    I'd go look, you don;t want to miss out on a great deal!

    Cyndi & Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does it have a lot of miles, maybe they just have to much stock. Yes the mechanic sounds like a good idea. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !