Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Little Progress

The home inspection took place today.  We have some annoying things we must take care of before the tentative closing on June 25th.  Right now I'm staying busy trying to figure out how to get 1500 sq. ft. of stuff in a 1100 sq. ft. condo.  People who know us laugh when we announce we are downsizing.

I start teaching tomorrow and am not looking forward to returning to the office.  I'm not angry, just ...... disgusted.   

But I'll focus on my wonderful students because that's the way it should be. 

The university I applied to for the full time location-bound tenure-track position called the other day.  The director asked if I was still interested and I didn't know what to say.  I guess my hesitation said it all.  I told her I would think about it.  I was tempted to tell her my scheme about working from the road instead but, you know how it is, one never knows how people are going to react or in which direction the conversation will lead.  With the exception of this blog, I'm keeping my plans to myself for now.    

I haven't heard back from Frontier University yet.  If I don't hear from them this week, I'll follow up next week.  I hope it works out but, if not, I have a fall-back plan with the online adjunct teaching.  Good options!

4 comments:

  1. I think your hesitation said it all - to YOU. Pretty darn good indication that's not the path for you right now.

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how we will do when we try to downsize 4000 sq. feet with six car garage into an RV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever you decide, don't let your self get in the way of your decisions. Makes sense if you think about it...I think...?

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !