Monday, May 21, 2012

Moving Timeline

My 2 classes started today so that will keep me busy through August 1st for 2 - 4 days a week. I feel sad that this is my last time with these particular students but I have 5+ years of good memories stored up. And many years (I hope) of teaching ahead of me! 

I've been spending some of my free time trying to figure out how to create an office in the upstairs bedroom of this 2 BR, 2 BA condo.  (I'll be losing my home office next month and losing my campus office in August).  I think I can use an armoire to store all the equipment and office supplies.  The nice thing about this arrangement is that I can close the door at the end of the day to eliminate clutter.  Something like this:

Web Photo

I will also have a comfy armchair and ottoman in the same room to work from.  The same chair and ottoman that is in my campus office. 

I've also been thinking about how to configure a mobile office but I will probably start out with something like this:



If you have any tips for an office-on-wheels, please share! 

The house closing will happen in a few weeks.  The inspector found a few additional things that have to be fixed.  The day I write my last check to have work done on this 60-year-old house is a day I will celebrate!!! 

This week the 4 siblings will go through the condo and take the items they want that belonged to their parents (my in-laws).  We will likely donate everything else.   And John is meeting someone after work who is interested in our 16ft. canoe (and paddling gear). 

I will get with the consignment furniture folks the first week of June.  We have some beautiful pieces that are too nice to yard-sale.  The yard sale will happen in about 3 weeks.  Then the movers will vacate the rest of our stuff the 3rd week of June.

After that ..... I can concentrate on finalizing some online teaching prospects and finally finally getting that RV.   

6 comments:

  1. Your offices, in the condo and in the RV, both look just right. I keep my laptop on the dinette because I'm always using it for something.

    The one thing I wanted close at hand was some sort of storage for pens, rubber bands, remotes, anything I use all the time but want stowed away. I got some pretty boxes at Michael's and those are my at-hand storage. One is for office type stuff, the other for misc. stuff that I always seem to be reaching for.

    Here's the post (from the first week I was living in The Palms - I needed more organization that soon!). It has photos of the boxes I got - I still use them and love them every day. :)

    http://dewelldesigns.blogspot.com/2011/06/little-interior-decoration.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that post - thanks for reminding me. P.S. I just love The Palms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that small portable printer that you show in the picture, a HP printer, with battery and bluetooth - truly cordless and I also have a very small Fujitsu scanner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Siobhan,

    Sure - just send me the link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the armoire. It can hold everything you need and is so compact.

    I'm sure there are lots of ideas for 'RV Offices' on those websites I mentioned in an earlier post.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !