Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Plan C


Though I find myself back at Square One and baby-stepping, my desire to travel has not diminished. 
Is the second infection of hitch-itch worse than the first?

I expect to hear from the location-bound-summers-off teaching option any day now to schedule an interview.  And maybe that will work out, but my heart is really with Plan C.  (That would be the teach-online-circumnavigate-the-U.S-plan). 
I’m trying to do something every day to make working while traveling a possibility while still leaving room for other options.  (I don’t want to talk myself in to anything because that can backfire, can’t it?).  For the past couple of days I’ve been digging around the internet looking at different online nursing programs and also trying to connect with anyone who has done Plan C. 

And through a RV discussion group, I’ve gotten in touch with someone who recently taught online while full-timing.  Progress!  I hope to hear back from her soon and gather some much-needed information.

We got an offer on the house this past weekend.  A disappointing offer – $15K less than we are asking and we are to pay $6K in closing costs.  We counter-offered with the full price and no closing costs and haven’t heard back yet.  I imagine the buyer’s response could be summed up in 2 words.  You probably know the ones I mean.  We are in no desperate hurry, thank you.
Staying in the condo is still a possibility but it’s early days yet as far as settling the estate.  The family hasn’t gotten the condo appraisal back yet, for example.  And, of course, we may decide to keep the house.  For what feels like the first time in my life, I’m waiting for events to determine our decisions, not the other way around. 

See ….. I have learned something!

5 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best!! I know waiting is tough so hang in there... it will all work out...eventually!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be perfect for everyone if you stay in the condo and pay the other heirs their share of rent. Or, stay in the condo for free, that's cool, too.

    If you're in no tearing hurry to sell the house, all the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if anything, it is good to learn to be content with what you have and where you are. i have been very unhappy because there are things i cannot change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received a low ball offer once, and told my Realtor I wasn't even going to respond. I was insulted. She said an offer is just the beginning of the negotiations, and I should counter offer. I countered with a little under my asking price, and they accepted it. You just never know.

    You probably won't get full price unless it's a real gem, in great condition, and in a great area with full price comparable sales.

    If you want to sell, come back with a slightly reduced counter offer, say 3 or 4 K under your asking. You can always say that's "firm." See what they do. I would always come back with something, and let the buyer walk away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, You are doing everything that is required of you. Now comes the awful part - waiting.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !