Monday, June 11, 2012

Moving Along, Kinda

This morning, the consignment store picked up the 7 pieces of furniture they are willing to sell.  These were nice pieces - some in my family as long as I can remember.  We should be able to realize about $1000 from the eventual sales. 

But ...... the best part was when the driver offered to cart away the remaining items from the yard sale!!!  It turns out that the consignment store helps out a non-profit and will deliver the goods to someone who can use them.  That was a real unexpected bonus.

The condo will be emptied by Goodwill on Thursday.  A day long in coming!

The rugs will get a good cleaning after that. 

There is still much to do between now and closing date for our house on June 25th.  But we are getting there.  This is a busy week at work for me as well.

Meanwhile, we are also dealing with a broken headlamp bulb on my beetle (you can't just pop out the bulb and switch it out) and a broken garbage disposal at the condo.  In fact, the plumber is here now. 

Oy - things and stuff!



 I so envy you full-timers.  I know you have your share of issues/repairs as well but the grass sure looks greener from where I'm standing.  Probably from where you are too. 

It seems like we've dealt with nothing but problems since November 16th.  But all will be settled soon.

9 comments:

  1. Our progress is slow, but we are making small forward steps each day. reading the blogs of others is both a help and a cause for envey ifyou know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your frustration, but it will be over soon and you will look back on this period of time as "just making memories". That's one of our daughters favorite sayings when things aren't going exactly as planed. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are moving right along - before you know it, you'll be done and settled into the condo. Then you can breathe a huge sign of relief. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... and also a huge SIGH of relief!

    I guess you could hang a huge sign of RELIEF, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, you've probably read that Jennifer is selling her 24' C, and by now this feels like spam to you.

    http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2006-Gulf-Stream-Vista-Cruiser-4230-104171195

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scratch all that, it's 23 feet. I feel like such a fool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea. I've been wondering what Jennifer was up to these days but I never would have guessed. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It's been awhile since I checked in and I just read a whole bunch of past posts. So excited for you! I too am working on becoming a digital nomad, and have a three-year plan, so you're ahead of me there.

    Seriously - so happy for you. The road awaits!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !