Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Amazin Amazon

How do they do it? 

I ordered the Kindle Fire and accessories yesterday morning.  My order arrived at  3:25 PM today. 

What's next?  Astral projection?

Track your package

Date Time Location Event Details
November 27, 2012 06:55:00 AM Opelika AL US Out for delivery
November 27, 2012 01:48:00 AM Atlanta GA US Shipment received by carrier
November 26, 2012 03:43:13 PM Chattanooga TN US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

There's little doubt, for better or worse, like it or not, we are living in the Golden Age of Consumerism. 

Of course, people probably said the same thing when the first Sears-Roebuck Catalog showed up in the mailbox.

9 comments:

  1. OH, I remember those old wonderful catalogs! We'd go through them
    aNd wish...the good old days...now I'm sounding likE I'm 100. sorry, phone keyboard is giving me fits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean...we sell a bit on e-bay and I put something in the mail on Monday afternoon and it is across the country by Wed...amazes me every time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The old Sears catalogs were truly books of dreams -- endlessly entertaining.

    But I sure do love Amazon. And I bet they love me, too, as much business as I give them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ordered a Roomba on Friday and got it today by FedX ground. Less than a week is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Used to cut out the stuff to make paper dolls and clothes galore! what fun getting the new catalog was because then I could cut up the old one.... ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. We live in an age with as much change occurring as that in the industrial revolution. People will look back at these days some time in the future and marvel at what was accomplished.

    Enjoy the Kindle. I love mine...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is hilarious. I love your viewpoint. I can't help but think about the Jetsons... which leads me to.... now that would be the way to travel! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I think about The Jetsons a lot! Maybe many from our generation do that.

      Delete

Let's chat !