Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 1 – Atlantic Coast Trip – Sunday November 4th - Seminole State Park, FL


Posting this from the Taylor County Public Library, Perry, Florida.   

Not much to tell regarding the day.  That’s a good thing, right?  Aren’t most of the best drives uneventful?  Went through some pretty agricultural country – what we here in the south call the “wiregrass”.  The drive was enhanced with good U.S. Highways, light traffic, a high of only 80, and an overcast sky.  The GDB performed flawlessly!

No cell coverage here at Seminole State Park.  I got my usual late start at about 12:15 after sharing a chocolate-covered doughnut with DH and saying a quick goodbye to Doris (who’s been looking at me like I’m some kind of suspicious character).    


I’m one of only 5 rigs here.  Site #16 sits on the shore of Lake Seminole. 


I’ve got a beautiful Sylvester-looking cat hanging out at the campsite.   She is beautiful and looks very healthy.  She must be gator-savvy to have made it to this age as there are signs all round announcing their presence.   I hope she's mouse-savvy too. 

For dinner, I’ve got a leftover grilled chop and John’s mac’n’cheese, along with a teeny tiny bottle of Beaujolais. 



I finally figured out how to use the antenna and scan for channels so I may watch “Columbo” tonight.  And catch up on some crossword action. 

Has it become cliché to say Life Is Good?  Maybe.  It doesn’t sound so cliché when you mean it.


 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely. Yes, the "no excitement" travel days are best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doris's expression is hilarious!

    Sometimes the "not much to tell" camping days can be the most soul-restoring ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANy day camping is a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !