Saturday, January 19, 2013

Coatless in Arizona


 We happy campers are even happier now that it’s 71 degrees!



This gypsy groove

Was it fate  that I forgot my watch when I left home?  I’m stunned by how quickly I’ve adapted to the lack of an alarm clock.  Or a calendar for that matter.  I’m becoming allergic to schedules. 

For example, I’m having a minor issue with my inverter and could easily return to the dealer in Tucson on my way back east.  BUT that would necessitate making a phone call, making an appointment, keeping the appointment, and all that jazz.  What a commitment!  And I think of how, such a short time ago, my life was wall-to-wall meetings and tasks.

My new office

 

To be entirely at leisure for one day is to be immortal ~ Chinese proverb ~

The last few days have been filled with simple pleasures.  Sunset walks, working the crossword at my little campsite, stargazing, chatting with the neighbors. 

Communing with cacti 

One of yesterday’s highlights was the wire jewelry class conducted by full-timer, Cheri.  It was such a treat sitting in the sun with a cool group of women learning a skill.
This morning we had an informative seminar on stealth camping and boondocking on public lands.  Our guide, Bob, is a master-boondocker.  If there were a black belt for stealth camping, he'd have one.  Bob’s been living this life for a long time and has a lot of wisdom to impart.  He also has a passion for this lifestyle and one senses the joy he gets from sharing it with others.
Randy read his poem about urban camping.

 

Tomorrow

OK, I know my holding tanks are getting full as my water tank is getting empty but going into town doesn’t appeal to me at the moment.  The Big Tent Show commenced today and I hear that town is packed.  Reality will triumph as always and tomorrow may require a journey to town.  But by then, I’ll probably be ready.  That seems to be how it works in this life.   
For those of you who are interested in seeing more of the RTR, fellow-camper and fellow-blogger NewAgeNomad posted some photos of our little community. 

Note: Living in Grace is doing the book giveaway we've got going.  Travels with Emma had it first, then Merikay's Dreams, then me, then Living in Grace. 

12 comments:

  1. lol .... love it ... I truly understand and I tell you that gypsy blood is strong. getting stronger by the day ...

    wonderful post .... ;) even with no food pictures...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is getting stronger! I made a veggie burger today with my microgrill. It was yummy but I don't know why I didn't think to capture it on film.

      Delete
  2. love today's post. Oh how I'd love to be there. sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a natural for the gypsy life, Kim. It amazes me how you have just eased into this new life and how well it suits you!

    I really am a little jealous! But extremely happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I consider that a real compliment. I just read your blog post about the heater replacement but didn't have anything to add to the conversation. I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's heavenly. It was comfortable until after dark. Then I moved to the campfire and it was perfect.

      Delete
  5. The weather sounds wonderful - and so do the activities. It's still cooler than that here in California. I'm here in Vacaville, CA (northern CA) visiting my daughter and her family - she's guilting me into a MONTH! (I only see her once a year.) I don't know if I'll stick it out that long, but my little 5 y.o. grand daughter has a gymnastic meet in three weeks and I'd hate to miss it by leaving a week sooner. I'll be more than ready to head down the road by the time I leave. I'm wishing I was there with you guys, for sure! :)

    PS - when I started this life, I put away my watch and haven't worn one since. And the constant change in schedules is why I never make firm meet-up dates. Something always changes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you are enjoying yourself, Grandma! Too bad we didn't get to meet on this trip. Maybe later this year somewhere down the road? I'm thinking about coming back to the SW this summer. Or I may go the other way and up to Maine. Hi to Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought for sure I was going to have to go to town to dump but I caught a honey wagon driving by today. I won't have to go to town for 3 more weeks!!!

    The mobile service is pricey but worth it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I first got on the road (November 3, 2010) I took my watch off. Just found it in a drawer recently and the battery was dead - it went in the garbage and I don't expect I'll be buying a watch again !!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !