I was thinking this AM about how far I’ve come, literally and figuratively, the past few months.This is my 4th trip since purchasing the RT back in August. My first trip was 1 night long, the next 1 week, the next 2 weeks, and this one has stretched to 18 days and counting.
The #1 goal for this trip was to enjoy being on the road. My secondary goal was to continue to increase my proficiency in GDB-living. Goal #1 was met the second I got behind the wheel. As for goal 2, here's what I've accomplished:
- Drove over 2200 miles to get here without any major mishaps.
- Spent 15 nights in the GDB on this trip. Six of those nights were in state park campgrounds with hook-ups.
- Boondocked at the RTR. And done it under some tough winter conditions. I was a little anxious about it. I’ve not only survived but gained confidence. All the while enjoying the experience immensely (and in surprising comfort).
- Learned, learned, learned. All day, every day. I spent the cold windy afternoon reading the Roadtrek manual for the 3rd time and am finally gaining a deeper understanding of the technology.
- Gazed almost the entire day at the beautiful 360-degree views. I look forward to some long walks in the coming warm days.