Monday, January 21, 2013

The Heart of the RTR


Open Invitation


Bob's recent post @  Cheap RV Living is not only an exploration of the RTR and the various rigs, but an open invitation to join The Tribe.  This generous offer is illustrative of Bob's open heart.  It's that spirit that makes the RTR what it is. 

I get it now. 

Of course, I'm thrilled to have the GDB pictured on Bob's blog!

 

Big Tent, Big Nap

Yesterday, it was time to go to town in order to empty some tanks and fill others.



All tasks were accomplished in fairly short order so I plunged into the Big Tent Show area.  It was crowded but not unbearable.  The temps were perfect for strolling, browsing, and eating of course. 
Web Photo
Tough decision.  Funnel Cake or Indian Taco?

Indian Taco.

Composed of Indian Fry bread topped with chili, lettuce, onion, guacamole, sour cream.  Major yummerly.

Made a couple of purchases before I got tired of the crowds.


Earrings to replace the ones I left back home.

Out with the old ....

In with the new .....


After all that, I was glad to get back to the RTR.  I stretched out and relaxed on the sofa, stared at the landscape and clouds, and promptly fell asleep! 

I’ll post some of my own camp photos tomorrow. 











17 comments:

  1. wow.... We have four RoadTreks in camp this year but this is the newest and nicest. It is gorgeous inside and out....

    How cool is that! love the taco and I would have also had the funnel cake ... that's why I'm fat and you're not. Like the earrings ... like the bag...

    For the 977th time ... I want a Roadtrek... I reeeelly really do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't just want one - you NEED one. Hope you get what you want and need, Carolyn.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Kim ... got a lottery number?

      Delete
  2. cant think of a better day...great bargins, yummy food, and a nap with a view! Sounds fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if that was the GDB on Bob's blog. Fry bread tacos are great. Just south of Phoenix is the Gila River Indian Museum. My favorite place to get fry bread tacos and lots of stuff to see too.

    http://www.arizonahistoricalsociety.org/gila-river-arts-crafts-center-museum/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I noticed the signs for the museum. Maybe I'll detour and check it out on the way back.

      Delete
  4. I want to come too! Waaahhhh!!! Actually, I'm glad you posted the photo of the Big Tent. it really doesn't look all that bad. I'll bet it's just full of tempting items & goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What that photo doesn't show is the acres of vendors lining the area. That's what I enjoyed - strolling around outside seeing what's out there. There were some gorgeous clothes too, but kinda pricey. My favorite stall was the "scratch and dent" grocery store. I bought a big box of "crushed" cereal for $2. If my storage space wasn't so limited I would have brought home more cheap groceries!

      Delete
  5. I like the new bag, nice to get your picture on the other blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teri. About the only thing on my shopping list was to replace the bag I've been using for 5+ years. I found the perfect one. It's got the same features as the other one but, more important, it symbolizes a break from the past that I am ready to make.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like another great day. What I'm finding interesting in reading your blog is the different kinds of days you have. Socializing days, alone days, of course driving days, exploring days, and chores days. You always make something fun out of each!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the things I love most about the RTR is that I am camped with like-minded people. People who are comfortable with, and appreciate, solitude. We all seem to go inside for a bit then re-emerge for companionship. It's so refreshing not to have to explain yourself or feel that you are being judged.

      Delete
  7. What happened to the option of Indian Taco AND Funnel Cake? LOL. Love your purchases. So glad you are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS. Meant to also say the RTR sounds great - loved the pics on his blog - especially the 2nd one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. All I can say is that this is my third year here at Quartzsite and I love it here....for a few weeks anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !