Settled in for the night at Lowe’s on South Kirkwood Avenue in St. Louis. It looks to be a safe area and was actually recommended by a National Park Ranger who has had occasion to sleep in his car on holiday trips.
During today's 180-mile drive, I was thinking about how I’ve developed a sort of schedule - which is odd because every day is a different experience. But I realize I've fallen into a routine on travel days and it looks something like this:
- Wake up
- Eat breakfast
- Plot the day's route, making sure the atlas and my GPS agree
- Consider possible overnights using overnightrvparking.com, check email
- Drive 1 - 2 hours
- Stop for coffee
|Rest Areas make good coffee breaks.|
- Drive another 1 – 2 hours
- Stop for lunch
- Tour a landmark (today it was the U.S. Grant National Historic Site – more on that tomorrow)
- Find an overnight spot
- Re-provision as needed
- Cocktails & Skype with John & Doris!
|The best part.|
- Edit photos, blog, email
A full day.! And it makes me ridiculously happy.