Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Wild Wild World

Click:  Explore TV

I learned about this website from fellow-blogger Jerry.

I agree with him that these fascinating glimpses into wild (and not so wild) life is way better than TV.

Here are some photos I captured from the Brooks River camera at Alaska's Katmai National Park.








I could have watched this little family for hours.  When the salmon are running, this place is hoppin'.

And if bears aren't your thing, there's plenty of tropical fish, arctic terns, kittens, great-horned owls, and puffins.  There's even a buffalo watering hole.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


7 comments:

  1. Those baby bears are so cute. I will definitely be watching some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'll check it out. When I was still working, we watched an on-line site that had an owl nest (box) in Oceanside, CA and watched the eggs hatch. We followed the owlets until they flew away. We'd check into the site from time to time to see what they were doing. Lots of Internet sites with nests. It was pretty cool, and I learned a lot about owls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great captures. Isn't it addictive? Wanda and I have spent hours watching those bears the last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the link!! I will be checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed the webcams when he first posted the link due to a horribly slow connection. Now we have a great connection, so I am looking forward to watching the shows!

    You do great previews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great link... Thanks for sharing!

    Cheers! ~M

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !