Friday, November 29, 2013

Day After, Day Before

The day after Thanksgiving mean just one thing in these parts.  And it’s not about shopping for bargains.  It’s the day before the Iron Bowl. 

      #4 Auburn   versus   #1 Alabama

Each year the cross-state rivals battle it out on alternate campuses.  This year it’s our turn to host.  On home game days, our little college town becomes the 5th most populous city in the state.  




It’s always a big game, but some years it means even more.  This is one of those years.  Tomorrow’s game determines who goes to the SEC Championship and, possibly, the National Title Game.  

There were no classes this week so the tailgaters started moving in Monday in order to grab a prime spot.  



This peaceful agricultural field 



becomes



It’s like Quartzsite on The Plains. 



Tigers and Elephants everywhere.  Disclaimer: this blog supports Tiger picures only.






A House Divided

  




This year I saw Ice Cream Trucks



and Sewer Trucks



And all manner of rigs






We had a nice relaxed Turkey Day.  John's sis joined us for a dinner of prime rib with Yorkshire pudding.  Sorry, no photos - it got devoured pretty quickly.   

But I did manage to grab this photo the night before Thanksgiving.  A dinner of fried oysters, french fries, and salad.  



In other news, my honey gave the GDB a much-needed cleaning.



And I got to afix my decal

Life IS good!

Next week me and the GDB head to the beach!

22 comments:

  1. Happy belated Thanksgiving! Looks like a good time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun but I'd rather be parked where you are right now.

      Delete
  2. WAR EAGLE!!!!! Love the photos!! Our son is an assistant food director with Chartwells and he is currently in the Chick Fil A at the student center. He told us the other night about all the RVs in the field. A big game for sure!!
    Glad you all had a nice Thanksgiving!!! The beach sounds perfect!! Mike and I hope to head that way after the holidays. Safe travels and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding?! Well, he's gotta be a busy man because that Chick-Fil-A is always booming.

      Delete
  3. Oh, goody. More traveling blogs. Yay! Not that I mind the at home ones but you know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to the game. Hope it's as exciting as our Egg Bowl was last night. Love those Bulldogs. And, can you believe LSU this afternoon? The Mad Hatter pulled off another one, thankfully. As for your game, I have mixed emotions on the outcome. Not a particular fan of Bama, but sure would hate to see Florida State or Ohio State as #1. But, if I was a betting man, my money would be on the Tigers. Nice pictures. Like the sticker. It's so true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your prediction. It's funny - I had a feeling LSU would pull it out.

      Delete
  5. How exciting!!!! I can feel it from here!!!!

    Loved all the rig related pictures. Especially got a kick out of the home-made one.

    And fried oysters! And prime rib! Glad I didn't know in advance or you might have had drop-in company. (Just kidding!)

    And a trip to the beach in the works. Doesn't get much better than that.

    Life really IS good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could have gotten more rig photos, but I don't like to without asking permission. And sometimes that's just not possible. Every year, I say I'm taking the GDB to tailgate but I have yet to do it. Maybe next year.

      Delete
  6. Fun times out there. Loved all the RVs. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful. And the game day weather is ideal today.

      Delete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving! Glad you're heading out on the road again. I'm waiting till first week in March and then I'm going again. Like Linda, I'm looking forward to more of your travel posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been home for a little over 2 weeks but can't wait to head out again. Keep us posted on the Bon Voyage!

      Delete
  8. As a college football addict, I watch as many games as I can in a 24 hour period....loved your Iron Bowl pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you are busy today! We are just planning on 2 - the Iron Bowl and Mizzou v. A&M. How great to have those last two teams in the SEC.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like pretty exciting, fun things going on around there! Happy Thanksgiving to you and John and Doris, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! What a game. I should have put my money down.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have! You and John are the only ones who predicted an Auburn victory. I was just hoping for a good game. And, boy, did I get my wish!

      WAR EAGLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  11. Great game! My folks were Auburn lovers...lived in Opelika and then Dadeville for 25 years. They would have LOVED this game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn,

      It's times like this we think about all the people who are not here. John and I were both thinking the same thing - about how our Dads would have been pacing the floor the entire 2nd half.

      WAR EAGLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  12. Pretty amazing finish to that game! I loved the look on Nicky's face as the guy ran the ball back!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !