Monday, November 11, 2013

Newnan, GA

Not much excitement to report today.  But that’s a good thing when you’re driving the interstate, right?  I hopped on I-85 southbound and stayed on for 202 miles.  

Spending my last night on the road in Newnan.  John and I and the fur babies lived here for 6 years in the 90’s.  It was a very small town then.  I visited our old golf course - White Oak - which is as pretty as ever.  




I intended to get some work done but, instead, I’m waiting to gain access to my December courses.  So I did the crossword instead and stared at the sunlight coming through the pines.




Before reaching Newnan, I pulled into a truck stop for a very long, very hot shower.  Whenever I get a truck-stop shower, I always feel like I’m evading the law, for some reason.  You know, on the lam.  Like Thelma or Louise.  Or Claudette Colbert in It Happened One Night.  It always makes me laugh.

But then I inevitably think: oh, my mother would just die! 

So, home tomorrow after a detour to visit with my blogger-buddy TinyCamper!

A few last photos from White Oak.




This has been a fantastic trip and I’m so sorry to see it end.  

Yet awfully glad to be going home!



10 comments:

  1. Truck stop rinse offs...hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! Bet it felt great... Oh goodie, some Sharon time, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt like a day at the spa! Seriously. And it's true what you hear about how spotless truck-stop showers are. It's your own personal bathroom - complete with vanity and toilet. For those accommodations, I'd need a much bigger RV.

      Delete
  2. I've never taken a truck stop shower. Perhaps I should put it on my bucket list? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you might want to put it at the bottom. ;-)

      Delete
  3. I love all those stately old historical homes in Newnan. We love driving through there when we head to Florida.

    Hilarious to think what your Mom would say about your showering at a truck stop. I don't think I would tell my Mom if I ever did it. :D

    Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! Will put the coffee pot on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, have never taken a truck-stop shower; but you're not the first person to comment on how clean they are. Do you go into the truck stop and pay for it first? I want to try it. How long have you been on this adventure? How does John fare while you're gone? I've been single for a long time, but would do well with an arrangement to be able to spend time doing 'my thing' from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you go in, pay, and get a receipt with a room assignment and a key pad code for entry. If i't busy you have to wait till you are paged or your number comes up on a screen.

      I got the GDB in August 2012 and have taken 4 big trips so far. John gets along fine, he stays busy with work, golf, and taking care of little Doris.

      We skype every night and that really helps. I get to see both he and Big D.

      Delete
  5. Every time I think about taking a truck stop shower I start wondering what I'd need to haul in with me and decide not to do it. I would love taking a long shower, though, so maybe I'll finally do it this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great adventure under your hood. What a great trip and love all the pictures.
    Going to leave on the 2 Dec. Wedding will be done and Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !