Wednesday, December 18, 2013

2013 - Wild Life

Blue Ridge Parkway


I was looking through my travel photos for the past year and decided to pick and post the best of the wildlife shots.

Looking back, I'm amazed at how much I witnessed.  I wouldn't trade these glimpses of nature for anything.  And I look forward to capturing more images in the year to come.


McDonald Observatory, TX



Sandhill Cranes, Rural Nebraska




Custer State Park, SD


Salida, CO


Canaveral National Seashore


Antelope in Custer State Park, SD


Dickcissel at Homestead National Monument, NE


Gray Breasted Jays at Chiricahua National Monument, AZ


Blue Ridge Parkway


Javelina at Fort Davis State Park, TX


Gila Woodpecker at Saguaro National Park, AZ


Niobrara Wildlife Refuge, NE


Egret at Anastasia State Park, FL


Blue Ridge Parkway

Douglas, WY


Niobrabra Wildllife Refuge


Badlands National Park, SD



Scott's Bluff National Monument, NE



Black Vultures at Canaveral National Seashore, FL


Rocky Mountain National Park, CO




The End

16 comments:

  1. Wow! Pretty impressive! I'm always surprised at how many things I see when I really look. This year I got a mushroom book and suddenly I'm seeing mushrooms everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And look at where you have been! Envy, envy, envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I recognize that javelina!
    It ran from our site into that of some woman camping by herself in a little white van.
    Later we ran into her at the observatory.
    :)

    Great collection of photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don! So good to hear from you! Your sweet wife was the one who called my attention to the javelinas. BTW, I left my door open while I walked around photographing them. I'm convinced that's when I picked up my unwanted passenger - that mouse that drove with me to Ft. Stockton and then Fredericksburg.

      Delete
  4. Jeez, you've seen a lot in one year, and so many different kinds of critters, large and small. Just beautiful - thanks for the photos, I really enjoyed seeing them all. Amazing, isn't it? And people think we're crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shots and memories! I should probably start working on my end of year post soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obviously, it was a very good year. I hope your next year is as wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at that ANTELOPE....so cool! My wildlife collection is lacking...but catching some sun and beach right now. You have been so many places...what memories you are making and a life living such freedom...super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures, lots of variety and memories of all the places you have been this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful memories!!! Awesome year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures, and I'm sure a great memory to go with each one. You're going to have a lot of hard work ahead of you to top your travels of 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a treasure trove of critter memories. Priceless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a treasure trove of memories. Gorgeous photos. How many miles did you drive in 2013? Any idea?

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really really really cool! You saw some WONDERFUL wildlife in 2013! Looking forward to your adventures in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great memories you have to keep and remember. Hope you have many more wonderful trips in 2014.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !