Thursday, December 5, 2013

Florida Ho!

I’m stopped for the night here at Dothan Alabama’s Camping World.  And here’s my blurry photo to prove it. 




The drive to my destination - St. George State Park in Florida - is 5.5 hours from home and I decided to break it up.  I’d rather have 2 slow easy days than 1 long day of driving. 

At 6 PM it’s 74 degrees with 77% humidity.  I thought I would have to run the AC for a bit but the rooftop fan and open windows are doing the trick.

This Camping World gets a lot of people (like me!) stopping on the way to Florida.  Folks are mighty nice here.  The employees introduce themselves, ask if you need help getting hooked up, finding a place for dinner etc …. 

But, hospitality aside, it’s my favorite Camping World because of the massive indoor RV display.   



Running in and out of all these RVs makes me feel like a happy rat in a shipyard.  Check out the new models.   


Bigger than my fridge at home.  Way bigger.





This storage space has more cubic feet than the entire GDB


I love the staging.



Oh ..... if only you were real

There are some seriously good deals here.  Maybe an end-of-the-year thing? 

Meanwhile, back in the GDB.  I’m picking up 3 digital channels with my antenna up and 7 channels with it down.  What's that about?

The moon and Venus are paired up closely tonight and tomorrow night (look in the SW sky).  Venus is at its greatest brilliancy for 2013.    



Well, time to go Skype with my John and Dodo.  I have some leftover buffalo wing soup from home that I’ll have for dinner along with a bagged Caesar salad.  

Night everyone!

20 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're on your way! I don't know if the approaching storm will get to Florida or not. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think so. We'll be on the panhandle. Or biggest concern will be heat stroke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And mosquitoes! If you haven't tried the Thermacell gizmo for skeeters, it does a great job. Sort of expensive per hour, but impressive.

      Delete
  3. For once I caught you at the beginning of a trip so I'm not catching up! Venus has been amazing all fall..I'll have to go out this weekend, if we don't have clouds. I could not believe the fireplace and the fridge INSIDE A RV! That's crazy! Who knew! If I ever get on the road it will be much smaller than that, but it's amazing to think about anyway. Pretty cool place. Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn,

      Glad you are following along! I also can't believe how many TVs (large, flat-screens) that are available now. Two inside and one outside - on a 21-ft. RV.

      Delete
  4. Happy you're back to blogging and that Camping World looks great. I might just have to check it out. I'm in Livingston, TX at Escapees' Rainbow's End, the National Headquarters for Escapees. When I got here it was sooo cold, even snowed one afternoon. Then yesterday it was 80 and only got down to about 70 last night. This morning, while I was blogging, the temperature dropped to about 48 and it's 44 outside right now!!!! Crazy weather. Hope it doesn't reach you in Florida.
    Love those RV photos, but "no thank you" for me. I like something smaller and easier to handle - and clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you on your way to Quartzsite, by any chance? Plan to spend the holidays in Livingston? I agree - I'll stick with my cozy, easy-to-maintain van.

      Delete
  5. Glad to know about this Camping World!! I would have a blast looking at all the new designs...probably drool over a few I'm sure!!
    Your temps should be about perfect...now we just need to get rid of the rain!!
    Safe travels!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a great place to overnight!

      Delete
  6. "Happy rat in a shipyard" -- what a great visual. I can totally see myself, like you, scurrying about deleriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to take rest during travels. All things looks good. Safe Travel!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Oh fun! glad to see you are on the road again! looking forward to following your time in Florida. (yep that frig is way bigger than mine too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And some of the kitchens were bigger than mine.

      Delete
  9. Oh, my! I'd probably die of a terminal case of envy if I toured those rigs. The indoor display is amazing!

    Beautiful shot of Venus and the moon!

    Wish I was going to be camping with you this time, but look forward to January. Have a GREAT time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, for the record, I didn't see a single rig that outshines your Casita!

      Delete
  10. Good to know about the Dothan Camping World! It's not free, is it?

    Hope you are having a great time being back in the road again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynne,

      Yes, it's free! I think they want you to be a Good Sam's member but they didn't ask to see my card.

      Delete
  11. The Camping World has hookups for those just passing through?! They do want your business, don't they?

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !