Sunday, January 12, 2014

Stephen Foster State Park Day 2 & 3


Carillon that belts out Stephen Foster tunes on the hour.

Just hanging around the campground today, enjoying good temperatures and good company.

Carla

Peggy

It was lovely to have full sun all day.  I think the high for the day was in the low 60’s.  Ideal camping weather!

And perfect conditions for a campfire.  Carla hosted at her site tonight.  She also brought the wood from home and kept us nicely supplied.  We'll repeat the process tomorrow evening but get started earlier and go later.  

I rented a bike for part of the afternoon and explored the park a bit. 




The unique tea-color of the Suwannee River really reflects the trees.


Craft Village where folk art demonstrations are held


I can't recommend this park highly enough.  If you are ever in the area, stop for a few days.  


6 comments:

  1. Sunshine and decent temperatures! So glad the weather turned decent for you and Peggy. It's about time!

    Was so nice to see Carla again, too. (Hi Carla!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're pip-spitin' distance from my mom.

    I once had an experience at the SFM that was cocktail-party material for years. In fact, I'm still telling the story when demand is great enough. I took notes while it was happening - made it seem like I was very, very interested in "facts."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say "pip-SPITTIN'" distance. No distance is too far to spite a pip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does the park offer the rental bikes? I like that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful pictures of imagines in the water. Happy the weather finally cleared for your gtg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just caught up with all your posts. Looks like you had a great time in spite of the weather. We love Eddy Teach's. Some of the best oysters I've ever eaten. Looking forward to your Everglades trip.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !