Monday, February 17, 2014

Back on the Road

And back to blogging! 

I left home this afternoon for a roadtrip of undetermined duration and (mostly) undecided destination.  I’ll probably head down the Georgia coast after a stop in South Carolina.

I don't do much trip-planning as it is, but this time, I've done virtually none.  There won't be any National Park stops (unless gravity takes over and I slide all the way down to the Everglades). Remarkably, I've seen all the National Park sites in this part of the world.    

But the first order of business is Hilton Head for a visit with my old pal, Janice.  Maybe I should rephrase that.  She's not old!  We've just been friends a long time.  

We share back-to-back birthdays and had a tradition of celebrating together every year from junior-high through college.  But then only occasionally since reluctantly becoming grown-ups.  I’m really looking forward to the visit!

After that, I don't know what I’ll be doing.  Though I am sure about one thing – whatever it is will involve fresh seafood. 

So here I am at Camp Wal-Mart tonight in Macon, Georgia.  Jealous??? 



Yes, it’s a glamorous life this part-time vagabonding.

The drive here was all bland interstate miles under melancholy skies.  



But .... the drive was blessedly uneventful.

OK .... time for a cocktail, dinner, some Olympic coverage, then bedtime.




4 comments:

  1. Unplanned journey's; the best kind. And, yes, I'm jealous. A Walmart on the road, is better than sitting home.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful road. I get upset if we plan to go somewhere and if it does not happen. So i also go with unplanned trips will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM jealous! I'm sitting in a doctor's office parking lot. Your parking lot is sure better than mine! I always used to head in a certain direction, but with no particular place in mind to stop until I found it. I find these days I've been in lots of places I liked and I'm repeating. So... 2014 will be similar to 2013, lots of NM State Parks.

    Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm jealous--no snow in your location. Although it is supposed to get warm enough here today that the snow on my parked RV may melt.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !