Saturday, May 31, 2014

Ogden, Utah

Just a quick post as I’m weary after a 299.8 mile day. 

The view from Sam’s Club – my home for the night.



Many long days in the saddle this week.  Nothing like it for an appreciation of what the original Oregon Trail travelers went through.  And they had no ice, no GPS, no pay-at-the-pump, no audiobooks.  O Pioneers! 

Are we there yet?

I feel as though I’ve reached a milestone now that I’m in Utah – a state I’ve never before visited!  I look forward to returning to the south end to explore those phenomenal National Parks one day.

Yesterday, I made it to Wyoming.  

Best state flag EVER!


A rest area affords a gander at the Big sky. 



The big news: I finally found the temps I’ve been seeking.  As I write this, it’s 76 degrees and the humidity is …. wait for it …. 12%.  YES !!!  No more running the generator for some A/C or continually looking for a shady parking spot.    

It’s lovely here in this valley town.  I arrived about 2:30 and spent several hours in this large deserted Weber State University parking lot catching up on crossword puzzles and admiring the view.  


So, on to my first NP site tomorrow – Promontory Point, Utah.  Then Idaho. 


14 comments:

  1. After the high humidity today I can only imagine how wonderful 12% feels!!!! Mike and I want to explore Utah one of these days. There is so much I would love to see!!! Looks like you have found yourself a very nice place to relax!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 12% was great! I'd take that any day.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Don't you just love the West? Don't know your route, but don't miss the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center near Baker, Oregon if you pass near. An awesome place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jerry. I looked it up and that will be further north than my route to Crater Lake. Sounds like something I would really enjoy though.

      Delete
  3. Every photo looks like a postcard. How wonderful to escape the heat and humidity! Glad you had a few hours down time today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh to grab a light sweater....dreamy! Don't forget to share those lunch stops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! My meals have been uninspiring so far. Except that I have discovered that flour tortillas are much easier to work with on the road than loaf bread.

      Delete
  5. You couldn't press on another 350 yards??

    I haven't been to Wyoming yet. It's in my intention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! I couldn't. Can't wait to visit the northwestern part of the state.

      Delete
  6. Whew! All those long days! Now to play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomorrow will be an off day too as I accomplish some chores that don't include braking and steering.

      Delete

Let's chat !