Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Snow!

No kidding.


You have to take my word for it as the snow didn't stick, making it impossible to photograph, though I did try.  You can see a little of it in this shot.



It came down hard for over an hour.  No complaints - back home, the temps were in the mid-80's right after sunrise.  If the GDB didn't have such an efficient furnace, I could keep warm on flashbacks from past summers in Dixie.

Yesterday was all blustery too so, rather than join the WINS' visit to Newberry Volcanic Monument (I was there last week), I cruised down the mountain to Bend.  One thing I love about the West - RV services are plentiful.  And Bend is an especially RV-friendly town.



For example, this one-stop Chevron provided not only fuel, but a dump station and water.  $3 with fill-up.  No charge for the photo.

The state of Oregon doesn't allow you to pump your own gas.  While I waited for the 20-gallon fill, gas prices shot up .02/gallon right before my eyes.  Fortunately, I was charged the $3.97 - never thought I'd be grateful for that!  Oy!


Scenes From Camp


Mount Bachelor's summit. 3,565 vertical feet above base camp.



We have about10 camp mascots, give or take.  Here is Angel, an 8-year-old full-timer whose hobbies include napping on the dashboard and chasing the frisbee.



And Star!  A sweet little rescue pup who found a great home and loving owners, Austin and Margarete.  Star's gentle inquisitive personality reminds me of Doris.


During her free time, she enjoys walking and networking.

Jason Wiggins, experienced RV technician, visited camp today.  He stayed busy.


He stopped by the GDB to tighten a loose galley faucet.  It had gotten so bad, the base was no longer attached to the counter top.  Two different dealers advised me that I need a special tool to get in the space.  Said tool costs more than Jason charged.





The past few bad-weather days have been ideal for catching up on reading, blogging, and cross-wording.

[Speaking of blogs, I want to share a post from one of my favorite Simplicity blogs, Be More With Less.  This post does not involve decluttering closets, but rather decluttering the heart and mind:  Seven Invisible Benefits of Living Simply.  Good stuff].

At day's end, everyone gathered at the log cabin shelter for snacks, games, and music. And a very welcome wood-burning stove.




According to the forecast, summer should return over the next few days.  Fingers crossed!



7 comments:

  1. What a great way to end a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! You had a wonderful day out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There has been snow in Yellowstone and the Beartooth Hwy, but not in Cody. We are getting rain and cold. Thursday it should be sunny and warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting the link to the blog on simplicity....I truly could feel my blood pressure go down as I was reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appears you are having a wonderful time, as usual. Arrived home yesterday to 92* with 80% humidity. Wish we had some snow. Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, thanks for the Simplicity link! I know we are doing what we are supposed to be doing but it sure does help to hear it in another form.
    Fingers crossed for you and good weather.

    Jerry, welcome back home to the South!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am proud to announce it is going all the way up to 96 degrees today :-( Send some snow our way!!!!!
    Thanks for the link to Simplicity. I enjoyed reading that post and look forward to getting into some of her others.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !