Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Post Falls, Idaho

It was goodbye to Washington this afternoon after 6 weeks of enjoying her diverse beauty.   It was rather a shock to drive through big city Spokane on a frenetic 5-lane interstate after so much time in the slow lane.  It felt like a rude re-entry.

Speaking of the slow lane, here are a few more photos from North Cascades NP.

Bridge to Newhalem

Rock Shelter Trail

Newhalem Visitor Center Overlook

Another trail view.

Post Falls is providing a scenic overnight camping spot, surrounded by hills and former farmland (before the big bad big box stores moved in).



Like this one .... my home for the night.  


Some of my fellow travelers


And the GDB, all by herself.


At 2:30 it was really too early to stop for the day but I was tired of driving.  After settling in, I stayed busy working and also putting the pieces back together from my hard-drive crash 4 days ago.  Only the direst life-saving efforts revived my laptop.  As a result, I lost all of my apps and bookmarks.  Some of the re-installs will have to wait until I return home.

A freakish heat wave has caused me to alter my plans.  Initially, I was going to wait out the Labor Day holiday hordes before heading to Glacier National Park.  But the forecast temps in the 80’s over the next few days have motivated me to move north.  

Tuesday08/2685 | 54 °F
Tuesday 0% Precip.
Clear. Lows overnight in the mid 50s.
Tuesday Night 0% Precip.
Clear skies. Low 54F. Winds light and variable.
Wednesday08/2789 | 56 °F
Wednesday 0% Precip.
Sunny. High 89F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday Night 0% Precip.
Clear skies. Low 56F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.


    

Get me outta here!











6 comments:

  1. The north route into Glacier is a beautiful way to travel, you will be glad you went that route and should be able to find some camping in the wilds of Montana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you ran off. And compared to AL that forecast sounds good!
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even realize it was going to be a holiday weekend until I started reading it in the blogs today. The joys of being in the middle of nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bridge over the river I bet I could stand there for hours. 80's hot? We are dying waiting for those days here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the great pics! I agree 80's is way to hot funny what you get use too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have really enjoyed your time on the Coast. Now looking forward to Glacier. Don't miss Polebridge.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !