Monday, January 19, 2015

La Posa

The Sun Sets Over the RTR



Technomadia stopped by on Saturday.  Chris and Cherie’s technical knowledge is impressive and the Q&A informative. 



I left the RTR yesterday and moved to the Bureau of Land Management’s (BLM) Long Term Visitor’s Area (LTVA) at La Posa just a couple of miles from Quartzsite.  Though this location is much closer to town, it’s pretty much dead quiet and blissfully serene.  



I’m situated in the back in a sweet little landscaped spot (thanks Debbie!) with no drive-bys kicking up endless clouds of dust. 

The best part is reuniting with this summer’s Pacific Northwest road trip gang – Debbie, Jim, and Gayle - who are, in turn, reunited with their Lazy Daze friends.  



Lovely surroundings, peace, excellent company – what else could you want? 

And how nice to wake up to charged house batteries even after running the furnace for a few hours at night.  It will take me a while to become accustomed to this whole solar thing.  I stopped to make lunch yesterday and, out of habit, parked in the shade.  Gotta remember not to do that!  

I drove to town this morning to run errands and do laundry.  OMG, the town is packed and traffic is horrendous!  After doing my part to make it worse, I was ready to return to camp by early afternoon.  I plan to stay immobile for the next few days.  

Fortunately, the Big Tent Show and the Tyson Wells vendors are but a short walk away.

Web Photo





9 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how you can have thousands of people all around you, but you can still be sitting in the peace and quiet? I'm glad the solar worked well for you - I wouldn't be living this lifestyle without it. You will be so free - as time goes on, you'll appreciate it more and more. See you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty ecstatic about it. Jeanne, Debbie, and I have been looking for good spots for you and Katie. You are more than welcome to this one, BTW. I'm happy anywhere.

      Delete
  2. Will you be at the blogger fest? I'm thinking of making a day trip there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I'll go. And a lot of other bloggers I've talked to plan to be there as well. I hope you do come. You're a celebrity among us.

      Delete
  3. When you visit the big tent just remember the one-in-one-out rule and you'll be fine. The blogger fest hosts have a freebie table at their base camp in case you need to get rid of some one-outs that didn't find homes at the RTR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info on blogger fest....we would not want to miss it! Should be adding to the chaos by noon tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratz on the solar install enjoy your time in Quartzsite

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed your post that said you got solar, so had to go back and read it. Awesome!!!!

    Do let me know how the 95 watts works out. I've used my 90 watt suitcase panel a few times, but never really got to put it through its paces due to rain.



    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !