Sunday, February 1, 2015

Last Days in Quartzsite

Winding up 3 weeks at the Q.


As you can see, the skies have been rainy and overcast.  A concern for us solar-power types.  Even so, my batteries are chugging along nicely.  

The humidity of the last few days reminds me of home (and why I leave so often).

Yesterday evening, just at sunset, the cliffs lit up in a magnificent fiery display.


The Lazy Daze folks have moved on.  Here is one of the last happy hours. 


Jeanne, Barbara, and I are the only ones left in this patch of the desert. 


On Friday, I returned to a soggy Tyson Wells.  Q stands for Quiet here, as it's oddly so these days since the Big Tent pulled up stakes. But there are still plenty of shiny objects for sale, like these rocks in captivity.



Outside of the Roadrunner Market, we spotted this outrageously odd pair.  We think they might be dogs.


Yesterday, Sassy invited the 3 of us over to her place in a different part of the LTVA for pie and ice cream! 



Kim and Jeanne discuss - what else? -  black tanks



Sassy and Barbara in deep conversation. Probably about black tanks.



I’ve completely enjoyed this entire 3 weeks, camped in one place.  And I've learned a lot about the fine art of staying put.  

But I’m restless now and ready to move on.  

Stay tuned!





10 comments:

  1. You surprised us with staying put for so long! Have fun on your next adventure and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dogs were really cute and friendly, weren't they? Sure wouldn't want to have to groom them, though.

    It's been so much fun hanging with you - we're gonna miss you. I'm really glad we were in the same place at the same time this year! Drive safe, and we'll see you down the road. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your time in Q. I've certainly enjoyed your posts and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that furry team of two is actually lions having been placed in the witness protection program!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that photo of the red cliffs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics! Glad to see you learning the art of staying put.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rain was actually nice--the desert sure smells good afterward. Staying put is good! We're entering week 3 here at Tyson Wash--guess we'll have to move on soon--dang it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn,

      Sorry I missed you. We were over there the other day. And, as I found out AFTER Bloggerfest, you were there. Would have enjoyed meeting you; I really appreciate your input to the blog!

      Delete

Let's chat !