Monday, April 20, 2015

East Texas


What a thrill to experience the peak of wildflower season!



I spent the weekend in Austin visiting Sharon (standing) and sister Lisa (seated).  



I’m overnighting in Houston and that means tomorrow brings a release from the gravitational pull of Texas.  It always feels like an accomplishment to cross that state line. 

Driving through the traffic and sprawl of Houston can be intimidating.  Note the 7 lanes of interstate. 



Right-hand lanes continually disappear and jarringly reappear, making it difficult to just commit to a lane as heavy traffic encases you at the speed of sound.  This seems to go on forever and it’s always a relief to survive intact.  

What would we solo travelers do without the calm guidance of GPS?    

My interior decor project continues so I couldn’t resist a stop here.



The massive store is filled with gorrrrgeous things (as Patsy and Edina used to say). 




I finally find a use for the cup holders in the rear living area of the van. 



In other news, earlier in the week, I added a bit of whimsy to the galley.  


 Only 676 miles from home!

17 comments:

  1. When visiting Houston for an extended period, I drove to a friend's house on the other side of town. The right lane kept disappearing; very disconcerting.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be forever indebted to NASA for developing the GPS.

      Delete
  2. Very nice additions! I've never been to Texas - sure is a BIG state. You'll be home before you know it. Doris is going to be beside herself. (John, too, I'll bet! LOL) Safe driving...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to never see Houston, again. Love the new décor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I know there is a lot to see and do there but I just never want to stop but rather push on through till it's over.

      Delete
  4. The van is looking good! Wishing safe travels for your last hops to home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We lived in Texas for a few years and were able to catch the wildflower season once. It can be impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I see what all the fuss is about.

      Delete
  6. Good to have the wings of wildflowers and whimsy to carry you home. Can't imagine a better flight! Oh, and Tootsie Roll Pops. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm out of Tootsie Pops! Can you send more?

      Delete
  7. Imagine driving through Houston with a cat screaming his head off for an hour. Sylvester does not like traffic!

    Congratulations, your drive is almost over! You deserve some serious vegging time soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. That may be the only thing that would make it more of an endurance test.

      Delete
  8. LOVE the flower pictures, especially the one with the pines. And the GDB is starting to look more like a little home and less like an RV. :)

    I've enjoyed your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! I figure if I'm going to live in the GDB for 8 months out of the year, I should add some domestic touches. Glad you followed along!

      Delete
  9. I can't believe your journey is almost over....for this trip!!! I sure have enjoyed every mile along with you :-)
    Safe travels all the way to Auburn....WAR EAGLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !