Saturday, April 11, 2015

So Long San Diego!


The GDB is finally pointed east.  It’s time to get back home.  I miss my house, my peeps and my pup (who, as you can see, is not into cuddling).  



To think I left home on New Year's Eve and here it is mid-April!

After one last happy hour with the gang last night, we say our goodbyes.  Until this summer, that is.  When there is certain to be more of this



and this



Karl Strauss Brewery in La Jolla

and ....



San Diego was a blast but I'm ready to leave the congestion behind and head out for the highway.  I'm back in Alpine tonight where it's blessedly quiet.

I’ll long remember the glorious views from our hike around the Torrey Pines Nature Reserve. [See also Gayle’s write-up that includes an unforgettable Sea Lion pic].  


Gayle and Suzanne



Jim takes his best shot. 




The Torrey Pine species is found in only 2 places on the planet and provides an ideal example of how Nature does things in Her own perfect time.




Speaking of nature, this is what happens when hikers have to pee.



Now for something completely unnatural.  



We visit the Gliderport situated atop Torrey Pines' famed bluffs.  It is quite a sight watching these daring souls take off and land. 





 And so we come to one last night on the town.


The Hamburger Altar is a good sign we are in the right place.


I order the 50% beef 50% Bacon Burger with 3 toppings - Vampire Sauce, Cole Slaw, and Fritos. 

YUM!!!



Our waiter is fascinated by this group of nomads.  He wants to know if we all travel in the same RV. Debbie explains that, yes, we are Jim's sister-wives.  Too funny!


Untill next time!

17 comments:

  1. We'll miss you at the next brewery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, maybe you shouldn't go then. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Lots of fun stuff in one post. I'll do a hot air balloon, but not those gliders. Sister wives. I love it.... Safe travels..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am reliving that 50/50 fun all over again! LOVE that photo of the hiking poles. Too funny! That Doris is working at appearing so aloof... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup! It appears winter is over and it's safe to head east, again. I've sure enjoyed your travels and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cyndi. I remember you said you won't miss another RTR.

      Delete
  5. Looks like you've made the most of your time in San Diego! I know that I am always ready to move on from the congestion after our time in San Diego.

    Completely unnatural indeed! Hang gliders are fun to watch, but that's as close as I'll ever get!

    I wonder how the vegans in the group fared at Slaters?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make their own vegan burger and it was good.

      Jim

      Delete
    2. I should have asked how you liked your burger but my mouth was full.

      Delete
  6. You've sure had fun on this trip - of course every trip is great, right? I'd love to go on a para-glider flight - with a "buddy," of course. I've always wanted to fly, and that's about as close as I'd get.

    I've just started a Gluten Free, vegetarian, as-natural-I-can-get-it eating plan, and already that hamburger looks awful to me. I guess my brain is getting with the new program. :)

    The good part of leaving your friends is that you're going home to John and Doris. Win/Win! Drive safely, and keep posting. We want to hear from you even if you're home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Barbara. My life is very much win/win and not a day goes by that I'm not grateful. Trip's not over yet! Much more to come.

      Delete
  7. Sister wives indeed. I just about fell out of my chair! Safe travels....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim doesn't look too thrilled with the whole concept.

      Delete
  8. You are tooooo funny! Love the sister wives and the hiking poles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do i follow you? We have been full time RVers since Nov 2014 :) Headed to San Diego!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !