Saturday, July 11, 2015

Count-Down

Next week, I leave on my Colorado-Utah Summer-Fall trip!

Web Photo

It looks like maybe the wildflower will still be blooming in the Rockies. If so, I'd consider myself double-lucky as I was in the Texas Hill Country during the peak this spring.

Still working on some projects before my departure. Oh, the joys of home ownership!



That's Trent, our chimney sweep, replacing the chimney's rusted chase pan. I do not envy him working on the roof in this 106-degree heat index.

You know, I didn’t even know what a chase pan was until a few weeks ago. Now we are paying $365 for one. Well, half of one anyway - we share a chimney with our neighbor.


Ain't it gorgeous?

Top Hat does a good job; Trent's dad installed a fireplace for us in our old house.


Their work van’s chassis is exactly the same as my GDB – a Chevrolet 3500 ExpressVan. It always amazes me to see a sister Chevy juxtaposed with mine. One would hardly suspect they are identical vehicles. One a working van, the other a pampered palace of pure pleasure!


I have a mercifully short to-do list remaining. One task has been on the list for months – to wash the GDB. After those winter months in the desert with only one washing, it needs it. But it’s just been too brutally hot!

In other news, John and Doris spend some quality time.






11 comments:

  1. I believe from all the blogs I read, the Chevy Van 3500 is the most popular vehicle for travel and van camping. It must be a very dependable vehicle. I'm thinking of taking the hounds on another road trip, back to Utah in a few months if not weeks. Waiting for cooler temps so I might head a little further north until the temps cool down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve,

      The chassis is indeed robust. Apparently that's why they are so popular in the trades. Should go 300-400 K easy.

      Delete
  2. Look forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a Blue Beacon Truck Wash near you? They charge $15 to wash a van. I stopped at a lot of those along my travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linda, thanks so much for reminding me! I have their app but completely forgot. John thanks you too - he was going to have to giver her a scrub-down in the 105-degree heat tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. Yay! Hope to see you here in CO. Nancy and I are currently enjoying great temps in Salida and Poncha Springs.
    Safe travels,
    Jeanne and Riley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne - hope to see you too! I know - I've been admiring your weather from afar! :-]

      Delete
  5. Safe travels. I look forward to your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to following your adventure.
    I just returned from a cruise to Alaska where I got my first stamp for my National Park Passport book! I was so excited my first was from such a magnificent park as Denali. Thank you so much for the information on that great travel souvenir hobby. I'm looking forward to filling it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AZDonna - oh good! Denali would be a great place to start your collection. Very cool.

      Delete

Let's chat !