Friday, October 9, 2015

Zion National Park



A romantic painting of Zion, to be sure, yet not far off.  What can you say about a place of such grand beauty it can melt your heart?



Can I just say it in photos?    






The Virgin River may appear innocuous, but its patient force is responsible for much of what we see today.


                  
I spend the first day just taking it all in, walking along the canyon floor, but also via the excellent Park shuttle service.


Skylights for peering at the majestic vertical cliffs.


The promise is that you won’t wait more than 15 minutes for the next shuttle.  I don’t think I ever waited more than 3 minutes.  Not that any wait would be a hardship with views like this from the shuttle stops.



One of my South Campground neighbors.


Stay tuned!










14 comments:

  1. Your photos are gorgeous. I found, when I was there, that none of my pictures even touched the beauty of the park. I really enjoyed my stay there. I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing all about your visit at Zion. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara! It's hard NOT to get a good shot with this 360-degree scenery.

      Delete
  2. I loved Zion....probably my favorite of the big 5. Generally I have felt that my pictures looked better than life.....Not so at Zion. It was bigger and bolder and the majestic views defied capturing in the picture. It was sooooo hot when we were there we stayed in town at the only RV park so that we could benefit from Air-conditioning to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen,

      I hit it at the perfect time. It's about to get hot again.

      Delete
  3. Great photos, what an amazing place! Can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We enjoyed Zion when we were there. Are you going to hike Angle's Landing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been closed due to construction. Bummer because I wanted to hike as much as my vertigo allows.

      Delete
  5. Just keep those awesome pictures coming. I'm enjoying your trip more than I can say

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I haven't commented much, I'm thoroughly enjoying your Utah trip. So many awesome and scenic places, and you've captured them beautifully.
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Nina! It's a pleasure to have you following along.

      Delete
  7. I don't remember Zion. Obviously need to get back there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't remember Zion. Obviously need to get back there.

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !