Saturday, January 30, 2016

Pho Sure!

The culinary adventure continues as Mr. Leisure spends more time in the kitchen.  We both love Asian cuisine, and that love prompted a trip to the cookbook section at the local library.  Lives were changed.


For those of you who don't know Pho - it's a Vietnamese street food consisting of broth, noodles and herbs.


Top with condiments.  We used cilantro, red onion, lime, and jalapeno.


(I'm drooling all over again as I write this).

A bonus of making Pho at home is that your entire house will smell like star anise for days.  Trust me - that's a good thing.

Who knew that spring rolls are so simple to make at home?  John rolled as I manned the deep fryer.


The final product produces a crispy crunch so loud, it'll wake the neighbors!






11 comments:

  1. Okay - I'm awake from the crunch! Will you be sharing? ;->

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selection of dishes for photo is beautiful. I use a rice linguini for pasta dishes (nongluten), will definitely try the broth dish, thx for great idea! I've been eating with chopsticks, too. Try eating popcorn with chopsticks, it's a wonderful way to watch a movie and practice chopstick skills, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made egg rolls once. Loved eating them! The making--not so much. Too fiddly for us non-cooks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are you ever going to tear yourself away to go Roadtreking again?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those spring rolls are making me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Isn't it wonderful to live with someone who loves to cook?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dishes look fantastic, I shall look out for this book when I go to the library. I'm thinking you'll definitely need a larger RV to take your chef along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum,yum! Mr Leisure is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks so good and I love spring rolls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great article. I read this article properly. This is one of the best posts. Thanks sharing this article
    threadless
    tshirt hell
    Teefury uk
    80s tees
    Teepublic uk
    Teespring
    Spreadshirt coupon
    Redbubble coupon

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !