Thursday, February 18, 2016

Amelia Island


After a southerly coastal crawl, the GDB and I stopped over for a few days at Amelia Island, FL.  


I really love it here. The island isn’t at all crowded this time of year and offers so many choices for public beach access.  Bonus: the beaches are dog-friendly!


As another bonus, Nassau County allows overnight parking in the beach parking lots.  


This lot at Peter’s Point, is convenient – with picnic tables, rest rooms, and trash bins.  The lot is level, well-lit, and (so the locals tell me) frequently patrolled.  The first night here there were 4 rigs – 3 of us Roadtreks! 


The beach is but a short boardwalk away.  


3 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to file this info away for a future trip to the east coast. Free camping at the beach... what could be better? Sounds like you're having a good trip so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was down there a couple weeks ago...I camped 2 nights in Little Talbot SP great birding in the area. I wish I'd know about the free camping would have stayed a 3rd night!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !