Monday, February 22, 2016

More Amelia Island

And more doggie photos.




And the obligatory gull shot.


Here’s the view from my new spot at Scott’s Road Beach.  


This lot is more secluded and thus quieter than Peter’s Point, though not as level.  One other rig was here the night I stayed.  What a treat to fall asleep to the roar of the surf!


Fernandina Beach is a great Small Town USA – one of my favorite jaywalk beach towns.  


The historic part of the town is (of course) built around the working docks.  One can stroll and duck in and out of shops all day.  As you can see here, town proper is about 5 miles from Peter’s Point.


Don’t miss stopping at Tasty’s for a luscious char-broiled burger. 


(BTW, I’m loving my new dining room table)!


Meanwhile, back at the beach - this sunset turned the whole world pink.


The End



11 comments:

  1. The only time I've ever slept that close to the ocean was when I was a teenager and we slept on the beach at Rocky Point in Mexico. That was a looooong time ago. Now I want to go to Amelia Island!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do! It's such an easy place to be. Caveat: I've never been there at the height of the season. Late fall and winter are usually plenty warm enough (without the crowds).

      Delete
  2. Before you leave make your way south to Amelia Island State Park at the south end of the island, a great spot for nature photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lawrence,

      Thanks. That tidbit is stored away for the next trip!

      Delete
  3. Appears you are having a grand time at the beach. Don't tarry too long as it can be addictive, or so I'm told.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful but ... I've really missed the desert this winter.

      Delete
  4. That's a great shot of that dog going into the wave ... unbelievable really. I spent years hearing that ocean roar every night. I was living in Carlsbad Ca at the time, across the street from the Pacific Ocean. I'd love to still be there, but just too many people in North San Diego County. Oh...I guess you have tempted me for a burger for lunch today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dog was incredible! S/he went waaaay out - to the second set of breakers. Then would rest for a bit and bark to have the human toss the ball again. I watched this amazing display for a long time.

      Delete
  5. Windows! Window boxes! Bromeliads! Swoon! I stole that picture to play with it in Photoshop. (For my own amusement - not to steal/publish it!) Hope you don't mind. Please say if you do.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Help yourself! I wanted to do more with that composition as well but, in the interest of time, did not. Would love to see what you do with it!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photos. Thank you so much for sharing this tour!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !