Friday, September 16, 2016

Lollygaggin'

The past few days have been spent on the back roads around Lake Superior. 


I'm never completely sure which state I'm in – is it Minnesota or Wisconsin again? Or did I make it as far east as Michigan? The geography is confusing when you wind your way around the lake. 

Not that it matters much. 

There is little traffic - which means no pissed-off locals on my tail.  This rare occurrence allows the GDB to ramble along at token velocity.


50 MPH (or slower) is doable in these parts!

Miles and miles of dairy farms and orchards on the starboard side and views of Lake Superior off the port side.


Comfortable temps in the mid-60’s only add to the serene joy of Life On The Road. 

12 comments:

  1. Looks just splendiferous! ;->

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Judie. And about to get splendiferouser I think when I reach the UP.

      Delete
  2. I like to pull over on country roads and let the guy in a hurry behind me zoom past. Enjoy the roam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that too. Sure makes life easier for everyone!

      Delete
  3. The best kind of travel---just drifffting along stopping here and there---helping some poet publish his first book. (The 40 yr Nomad)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Truly - the icing on the cake is meeting up with people like you.

      Delete
  4. Nothing beats being in an area where you can enjoy lollygagging along. Have your had a pasty, yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet! It's on my must-do list though.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets Minnesota and Wisconsin mixed up. But it seems like you have port and starboard figured out. I could never keep those straight in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. It's a bit embarrassing, but I'm getting a grip on it.

      Delete
  6. I plan to visit the UP next year, so am loving getting ideas from your journey of places to visit and camp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, email me when you are planning. I keep a list of camping locations.

      Delete

Let's chat !