Sunday, September 11, 2016

Superior, WI


It was exciting just to see this big freakin' (superior) lake on the GPS screen, even before I saw it in reality.

I'm excited to explore its shoreline over the next week or so. But tonight, I'm hitting the books.


Oh my - but this trip is a real brain-teaser for planning.

The combination of remote National Parks between three states and considerable back-tracking has been challenging.  It seems a blur until I reach the Upper Peninsula. There’s the international element as well - sometimes the route around Lake Superior is shortest along Canadian roadways.

Will there be dump stations along the route? Places to overnight? Where is the best chance of seeing the Northern Lights. Did I remember my passport?

Not too concerned …  it always seems to work out. 



3 comments:

  1. It will all work out fine - because everything IS fine! You can't go wrong, even if you get a teensy bit lost now and then. It's all good stuff! ;->

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's supposed to be a public dump in Duluth but I didn't know that when we were there. We paid $5 to dump at Spirit Mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so exciting! I'm going up to Traverse City in a couple of weeks. I hope to see the northern lights too!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat !